The mission is to foster the development of an entry level nursing student who is prepared to transition to practice as a member of the inter professional health care team. The focus of the programme is mastery of high level competencies reflecting the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the delivery of safe, quality nursing care and to actively promote the development of the science and professional of nursing.To advance the heart and science of nursing through the provision of excellence in nursing education by integrating the use of best evidence through innovative teaching strategies, remaining a leader in basic nursing education and maintaining successful out comes. Faculty and students strive to challenge and support one another to accept responsibility and require accountability and collaborate in the best interest of one another and the communities they serve.
• Mould the beginners with right attitude towards the nursing profession.
• Contribute collaboratively and independently to quality education and patient care.
• Periodic faculty development programme.
• Developing nursing care competencies and interpersonal skills.
• Mentoring the students in personal and professional development.
• Scientific Paper Presentation.
• Conduct awareness programme on various health days.
The faculty of the department imparts in-depth knowledge to the students by various innovative teaching methods. Methods like seminars, symposium, care studies, group discussions, case presentations, field trips, video assisted learning. Problem based learning, competency based learning and procedure demonstrations are used to enhance the knowledge and skills of the students.